Welcome to the Times Table Challenge page of our website!
Please help to support your child with times tables at home.
Our curriculum has changed;
- The Calculator Paper at the end of KS2 has now been removed, meaning that instant recall and mental maths skills are more important than ever.
- The New Curriculum states that by the end of Year 4 children should know the multiplication and division facts for multiplications up to 12x12.
In order to further support your children with multiplication at home and in school we have set up a new rewards scheme which complements the SMIRFS system that we currently use. Your children also follow the TT Rockstars Times Tables programme in school (year two to six).
These Times Tables are to be completed at HOME, occasionally your child’s class teacher will send these home as homework, however the main emphasis on this page is that you either print out the sheets yourself or your child copies the questions out onto another piece of paper and then answers them. These will complement the TT Rockstars Times Tables that we do in school, so the more the children practice, the better the children should become with their times tables!
Steps to take:
- Print out/copy out questions appropriate for your age range (above or below if you know/need more practice) Please put your NAME on the sheet.
- Complete the sheet in 3 minutes (this is the same time for all challenges, meaning that as the child progresses through school, so should their speed and accuracy with mental recall).
- Ask a parent/carer to mark your sheet
- ONLY if you get 100% correct – bring it into school and pass it to Miss Hudson with your name on it.
- If you have passed your sheet to Miss Hudson then you will have the opportunity to take the challenge again on Thursday lunchtime with Miss Hudson in her room.
- Only if you get 100% again with Miss Hudson will you have completed the challenge
- Collect your certificate in assembly
- Progress onto the next challenge!
|Astronaut Selection||10 times tables (suitable for Year One +)|
|Launch||5 and 2 times tables (suitable for Year Two +)|
|Rocket Blast||10, 5 and 2 times tables (suitable for Year Two/Three +)|
|Space Station||2, 3, 4, 5 and 10’s mixed times tables (suitable for Year Three/Four+)|
|Luna Moon||3, 4, 5 and 6 mixed times tables (suitable for Year three/Four +)|
|Europa Moon||7, 8 and 9 mixed times tables (Suitable for Year Four +)|
|Titan Moon||11 and 12 mixed times tables (Suitable for Year Four+)|
|The Universe||all mixed times tables (Suitable for Year Four/Five/Six)|
|Mission Complete||100 mixed times tables (Suitable for Year Four/Five/Six)|
The ‘suitable’ year groups are as a guide only, this is where they should ideally be working but they may be accessing different challenges dependent on their ability/needs. Don’t forget to keep practising them, even when you have completed the challenges, do them again so that you don’t forget them!
Click on the links below to download the challenge sheets to take part in our times table challenge.