We have a maximum of 52 morning places available per session and a maximum of 52 places available per afternoon session. Children may attend full days. The school has its own admissions authority for Puddles and has adopted the North Yorkshire Education guidelines for admissions, which are as follows, in priority order: -
- Children with an Educational Health Care Plan
- Children who are recommended by the Director of Social Services, including children in care of the local authority, or by the Designated medical officer.
- Children from homes disadvantaged by poor housing conditions or overcrowding, or from a background which is prejudicial to the child’s normal educational development
- After the priority admissions shown above have been made, admission will then be made for children within the school’s normal catchment area. Allocation will be based on age, oldest first.
- Children from outside the school’s normal catchment area will be allocated a place, those nearest to school first.Priority will be given to those with siblings already in the school and then to those living nearest to the school
Children are eligible to attend Puddles Nursery the half term after their 3rd birthday. Admissions take place each half term subject to available places. The academic year runs from September 1st to August 31st. Priority is given to those children who will be 3 before September 1st.
We have three admissions rounds per year for Puddles nursery:
- For an Autumn Term (September) place, please ensure that we have your application by early May – please contact the Early Years Office for exact date.
- For a Spring Term (January) place, please ensure that we have your application by the end of October - please contact the Early Years Office for exact date.
- For a Summer Term (starting after the Easter Break) place, please ensure that we have your application by the end of February - please contact the Early Years Office for exact date.
30 Hours working Families funding for 3 and 4 year old children
North Yorkshire County Council provides up to 30 hours of funding in line with the Dfe guidelines This means that if you are eligible to receive the 30 hours of 3 and 4 year old working families funding then you will be able to do so. Please click below for more information